The Great Wall should be on the bucket list for every traveler when visiting China, it stretches from Liaoning Province in the east to Gansu Province in the west, covering almost all north China for total length 21,196.18 kilometers.
The construction of the Great Wall traced back to the Western Zhou Dynasty(1046-771 BC), and it much prevented invaders from the inside land. Then it was repaired and built in every dynasty, hence it’s not a symbol of a military defensive project in the ancient time, but also the witness of Chinese history.
1. Amazed at the wisdom of ancient Chinese people for building a marvelous fortification.
2. Acquire knowledge from the historic Great Wall, the symbol of the defensive project, which witnessed glorious Chinese history.
3. Marvel at World Heritage Site of China and one of Seven New Manmade Wonders in the world.
4. Experience the longest Great Wall in the world and discover the difficulty of climbing.
5. Explore many captivating stories related to this wonderful project.
How to choose the Great Wall for hiking?
Visiting Hours: about 2–3 hours
Best Seasons: Spring and Autumn (March to May and September to November)
Check the weather before departure! Find a fine day to explore the Great Wall.
Choose a route that fits your physical ability and stamina.
If you have limited time or want an in-depth trip, we advise you to choose a professional local travel agency arranging a Great Wall tour. It will save your time and energy to find vehicle, restaurant or hotel in a different country. Besides, you’ll learn mysterious stories from your professional tour guide and have memorable travel experience.
Don’t visit the Great Wall in Chinese major holidays. Here are the major holidays.
1. New Year's Day(January 1st)
2. Spring Festival(January 1st-15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
3. Tomb Sweeping Day(April 5th-7th )
4. International Labor Day(May 1st)
5. Dragon Boat Festival(May 5th in Chinese lunar calendar)
6. The Mid-Autumn Festival(August 15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
7. National Day(October 1st-7th)
Do pay attention to your steps. There are loose rocks or bricks at wild Great Wall sections.
Experience amusement facilities-Toboggan or cable car at Mutianyu section. It’s an interesting way to explore the beauty of Great Wall.
Items List to Bring
1. Comfortable hiking shoes are important because the stone steps on the Great Wall are incredibly steep and uneven, some are near vertical.
2. There are not so many restaurants around Great Wall and hiking consumes lots of energy, we advise you to bring some snacks and bottled water in case you’re hungry and thirsty.
3. Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen protecting from sunburn.
4. Gloves and hiking stick.
5. Toilet paper or wipes. There is no toilet for the wild Great Wall.
6. Camera. Bring a camera to shoot the beat picture of Great Wall.
Got Question & Quick Answer
Discover Beijing from an insider’s perspective on this tour. Conquer the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu-the top Wonder of the World. Skip the lines at the Forbidden City as a VIP guest. Visit the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace and enjoy typical Chinese cuisine in our selected local restaurants. Explore the Hutongs and see the real lifestyle of locals. Appreciate captivating karst geology in Stone Flower Cave. This tour is definitely made for you!!!
3 Days Beijing Discover Tour
See the selected landmarks of Beijing day tour that includes the Summer Palace, the Beijing Zoo and the Sacred Way of Ming Tombs. Walk through the majestic gardens and grounds of the Summer Palace, visit the giant panda at the Zoo for fun, have an authentic Chinese lunch, stroll along the Sacred Way leading to Ming Tombs lined with vivid stone figures. The 1-day tour is fully-packed with the best scenery, lovely animals and exquisite crafts from ancient relics.
Beijing Day Tour to Beijing Zoo, Summer Palace, Sacred Way of Ming Tombs
If you're an adventurer and want to get away from tourist crowds, this tour without a doubt is the best choice for you. The Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall of China is one of the only sections that combines majestic mountain scenery with water. Explore the unique water Great Wall and enjoy the tranquility of wild Great Wall in the company of experienced and knowledgeable guides for an unforgettable outdoor experience. Entrance ticket, round trip transportation, private guide, and lunch are all-inclusive.
All Inclusive Private Trekking Day Tour to Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall
Here is a typical itinerary covering the essence of Beijing and Xian perfect for you to not only have a lifetime train experience in China but also explore two ancient cities. If you are in Beijing you are only one and a half hours away from Xi'an by flight discover some of China’s top highlights. Xian, home to the Terracotta Army, is a city that you should not leave out while visiting China. Includes transfers between hotel and train station, entrance fees, a knowledgeable guide, lunch and private transport in Xi'an.
2 Days Beijing 1 Day Xian Exploring the Wonder of the World