The Great Wall should be on the bucket list for every traveler when visiting China, it stretches from Liaoning Province in the east to Gansu Province in the west, covering almost all north China for total length 21,196.18 kilometers.
The construction of the Great Wall traced back to the Western Zhou Dynasty(1046-771 BC), and it much prevented invaders from the inside land. Then it was repaired and built in every dynasty, hence it’s not a symbol of a military defensive project in the ancient time, but also the witness of Chinese history.
1. Amazed at the wisdom of ancient Chinese people for building a marvelous fortification.
2. Acquire knowledge from the historic Great Wall, the symbol of the defensive project, which witnessed glorious Chinese history.
3. Marvel at World Heritage Site of China and one of Seven New Manmade Wonders in the world.
4. Experience the longest Great Wall in the world and discover the difficulty of climbing.
5. Explore many captivating stories related to this wonderful project.
How to choose the Great Wall for hiking?
Visiting Hours: about 2–3 hours
Best Seasons: Spring and Autumn (March to May and September to November)
Check the weather before departure! Find a fine day to explore the Great Wall.
Choose a route that fits your physical ability and stamina.
If you have limited time or want an in-depth trip, we advise you to choose a professional local travel agency arranging a Great Wall tour. It will save your time and energy to find vehicle, restaurant or hotel in a different country. Besides, you’ll learn mysterious stories from your professional tour guide and have memorable travel experience.
Don’t visit the Great Wall in Chinese major holidays. Here are the major holidays.
1. New Year's Day(January 1st)
2. Spring Festival(January 1st-15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
3. Tomb Sweeping Day(April 5th-7th )
4. International Labor Day(May 1st)
5. Dragon Boat Festival(May 5th in Chinese lunar calendar)
6. The Mid-Autumn Festival(August 15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
7. National Day(October 1st-7th)
Do pay attention to your steps. There are loose rocks or bricks at wild Great Wall sections.
Experience amusement facilities-Toboggan or cable car at Mutianyu section. It’s an interesting way to explore the beauty of Great Wall.
Items List to Bring
1. Comfortable hiking shoes are important because the stone steps on the Great Wall are incredibly steep and uneven, some are near vertical.
2. There are not so many restaurants around Great Wall and hiking consumes lots of energy, we advise you to bring some snacks and bottled water in case you’re hungry and thirsty.
3. Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen protecting from sunburn.
4. Gloves and hiking stick.
5. Toilet paper or wipes. There is no toilet for the wild Great Wall.
6. Camera. Bring a camera to shoot the beat picture of Great Wall.
Got Question & Quick Answer
Discover the classic Beijing sights on a full-day sightseeing tour with Mutianyu Great Wall and the Ming Tombs, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Enjoy this world-famous landmark without the crowds and get to enjoy spectacular views after walking or taking the cable car up the wall then you stopover for lunch before moving to the impressive royal Ming Tombs before drop off. Spend an unforgettable day at China's most beloved and popular symbol.
Beijing Private Tour to Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs
Private five-day tour of an in-depth sightseeing of the landmarks and architecture both in Beijing and Guangzhou. Feast your eyes on the glorious Chinese history and culture, gain insight into the largest commercial city and transportation hub in south China. Discover the history of the UNESCO-listed World Wonder as you stroll along the Mutianyu section and in the city walk around historic highlights including Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the Summer Palace. Admire the Ancient Quarry of Lotus Mountain, Huacheng Square, Chen Family Temple, the Lizhiwan canal, the Qingping Market, Liurong Temple and monumental Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in Guangzhou. Enjoy an all-inclusive tour with a private guide!
Five day Beijing and Guangzhou sightseeing tour
Historical Beijing is a true testament of how the country has grown from the historical past to the brilliant present. Few essential pillars in the Chinese capital are included in this marvelous 4 days tour, signs of its magnificent richness of its culture covering Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Mutianyu Great Wall, Ding Tomb, Temple of Heaven, Summer Place, and other leading attractions in the downtown area. Join this group tour with other adventurous tourists in the same vehicle accompanied by one English speaking guide to build lifelong memoirs.
4 Days Beijing Highlights Tour Inlcude Mutianyu Great Wall
On this private 4 days tour, you'll have plenty of time to take in the sites of the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Beijing then by High-speed train en route Shanghai experience the splendid scenery. Shanghai offers a different kind of experience in comparison with magnificent Beijing because you venture into modern, elaborate and classic Shanghai highlights. This is a private tour so please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) when booking to alert our guide so that he or she can better prepare for your private tour.
4 Days Beijing and Shanghai Tour in a High Speed Train