The Great Wall should be on the bucket list for every traveler when visiting China, it stretches from Liaoning Province in the east to Gansu Province in the west, covering almost all north China for total length 21,196.18 kilometers.
The construction of the Great Wall traced back to the Western Zhou Dynasty(1046-771 BC), and it much prevented invaders from the inside land. Then it was repaired and built in every dynasty, hence it’s not a symbol of a military defensive project in the ancient time, but also the witness of Chinese history.
1. Amazed at the wisdom of ancient Chinese people for building a marvelous fortification.
2. Acquire knowledge from the historic Great Wall, the symbol of the defensive project, which witnessed glorious Chinese history.
3. Marvel at World Heritage Site of China and one of Seven New Manmade Wonders in the world.
4. Experience the longest Great Wall in the world and discover the difficulty of climbing.
5. Explore many captivating stories related to this wonderful project.
How to choose the Great Wall for hiking?
Visiting Hours: about 2–3 hours
Best Seasons: Spring and Autumn (March to May and September to November)
Check the weather before departure! Find a fine day to explore the Great Wall.
Choose a route that fits your physical ability and stamina.
If you have limited time or want an in-depth trip, we advise you to choose a professional local travel agency arranging a Great Wall tour. It will save your time and energy to find vehicle, restaurant or hotel in a different country. Besides, you’ll learn mysterious stories from your professional tour guide and have memorable travel experience.
Don’t visit the Great Wall in Chinese major holidays. Here are the major holidays.
1. New Year's Day(January 1st)
2. Spring Festival(January 1st-15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
3. Tomb Sweeping Day(April 5th-7th )
4. International Labor Day(May 1st)
5. Dragon Boat Festival(May 5th in Chinese lunar calendar)
6. The Mid-Autumn Festival(August 15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
7. National Day(October 1st-7th)
Do pay attention to your steps. There are loose rocks or bricks at wild Great Wall sections.
Experience amusement facilities-Toboggan or cable car at Mutianyu section. It’s an interesting way to explore the beauty of Great Wall.
Items List to Bring
1. Comfortable hiking shoes are important because the stone steps on the Great Wall are incredibly steep and uneven, some are near vertical.
2. There are not so many restaurants around Great Wall and hiking consumes lots of energy, we advise you to bring some snacks and bottled water in case you’re hungry and thirsty.
3. Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen protecting from sunburn.
4. Gloves and hiking stick.
5. Toilet paper or wipes. There is no toilet for the wild Great Wall.
6. Camera. Bring a camera to shoot the beat picture of Great Wall.
The tour route you have visited recently
The Most Popular Beijing Tour
Join an expert guide for a private tour of Beijing’s most fascinating destinations and UNESCO Sites, from the Forbidden City to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China. You can focus on exploring Beijing history, culture, wildlife, and cuisine. However, in Guangzhou, you visit Canton Tower and Chen Family Temple, stop by the Wanling Market, cruise along the Pearl River by boat, soak in the atmosphere of Lizhiwan, admire Shameen Island, enjoy nature at Yuexiu Park and visit Liurong Temple. The 5 days private tour feasts your eyes on different landmarks in Beijing and Guangzhou.
Classic 5-day Private Tour for Beijing and Guangzhou
Oh China! Prepare yourself for a whirlwind adventure and sample the best that this country has to offer. We’re talking all the sights in Chengde; famous for Imperial Summer Resort and its Outlying Temples as one of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritages in China. In the tour, experience venerable traditions, view priceless cultural treasures and discover a rich and varied heritage at the Mountain Resort, Puning Temple and Putuo Dongcheng Temple.
2 Days Chengde city sightseeing
This 3 days tour offers you a complete and memorable time in Beijing. Touch the ancient heart of China and experience the history and culture of Beijing. Immerse yourself in the ancient mystery of the Forbidden City, absorb the majestic charm of the Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven, stroll around the legendary Tiananmen Square, enjoy the imperial royal garden at the Summer Palace, seek fun by climbing up the reputed Mutianyu Great Wall /Badaling Great Wall and explore the magnificent Ming emperor burial site at Changling. Besides visiting these iconic landmarks, go ahead and face the challenge from stretching across Shilinxia Glass Viewing Platform which gives you a penetrating view of the surroundings.
3-day Classic Beijing Tour with Exploration to Shilinxia Glass Viewing Platform
Beijing cuisine enjoys international fame for the variety of dishes developed in the imperial kitchens. None is more universally renowned than Peking Roast Duck. Esteemed by gourmets for its mouth-watering aroma, tempting appearance and delicate taste, there are secrets in the cooking, skill in the preparation and serving and delight in the tasting. The crispy skin and the juicy meat leave a deep impression on first-time consumers during their Beijing trip. This night tour also bring visitors to enjoy the charming night view of Beijing, including Wangfujing Street, Tiananmen Square and Houhai Lake.
Beijing Night Tour with Peking Roast Duck Dinner