The Great Wall should be on the bucket list for every traveler when visiting China, it stretches from Liaoning Province in the east to Gansu Province in the west, covering almost all north China for total length 21,196.18 kilometers.
The construction of the Great Wall traced back to the Western Zhou Dynasty(1046-771 BC), and it much prevented invaders from the inside land. Then it was repaired and built in every dynasty, hence it’s not a symbol of a military defensive project in the ancient time, but also the witness of Chinese history.
1. Amazed at the wisdom of ancient Chinese people for building a marvelous fortification.
2. Acquire knowledge from the historic Great Wall, the symbol of the defensive project, which witnessed glorious Chinese history.
3. Marvel at World Heritage Site of China and one of Seven New Manmade Wonders in the world.
4. Experience the longest Great Wall in the world and discover the difficulty of climbing.
5. Explore many captivating stories related to this wonderful project.
How to choose the Great Wall for hiking?
Visiting Hours: about 2–3 hours
Best Seasons: Spring and Autumn (March to May and September to November)
Check the weather before departure! Find a fine day to explore the Great Wall.
Choose a route that fits your physical ability and stamina.
If you have limited time or want an in-depth trip, we advise you to choose a professional local travel agency arranging a Great Wall tour. It will save your time and energy to find vehicle, restaurant or hotel in a different country. Besides, you’ll learn mysterious stories from your professional tour guide and have memorable travel experience.
Don’t visit the Great Wall in Chinese major holidays. Here are the major holidays.
1. New Year's Day(January 1st)
2. Spring Festival(January 1st-15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
3. Tomb Sweeping Day(April 5th-7th )
4. International Labor Day(May 1st)
5. Dragon Boat Festival(May 5th in Chinese lunar calendar)
6. The Mid-Autumn Festival(August 15th in Chinese lunar calendar)
7. National Day(October 1st-7th)
Do pay attention to your steps. There are loose rocks or bricks at wild Great Wall sections.
Experience amusement facilities-Toboggan or cable car at Mutianyu section. It’s an interesting way to explore the beauty of Great Wall.
Items List to Bring
1. Comfortable hiking shoes are important because the stone steps on the Great Wall are incredibly steep and uneven, some are near vertical.
2. There are not so many restaurants around Great Wall and hiking consumes lots of energy, we advise you to bring some snacks and bottled water in case you’re hungry and thirsty.
3. Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen protecting from sunburn.
4. Gloves and hiking stick.
5. Toilet paper or wipes. There is no toilet for the wild Great Wall.
6. Camera. Bring a camera to shoot the beat picture of Great Wall.
Got Question & Quick Answer
Fully explore the highlights of Beijing in 1-day No Shopping tour, walk on the famous Tiananmen Square, enjoy the splendid Forbidden City, and hike on the popular Great Wall at Mutianyu section.
Forbidden City & Mutianyu Great Wall No Shopping Tour
All regular attractions are cut out and only the best highlights are included on this 4 days Beijing tour. In the face of being a modern 21st-century city, Beijing still has a profound collection of ancient attractions and a concise of interesting culture. The tour will let you see Beijing from its royal history to the modern brilliance. It is a private tour catering to your own needs and speed.
The Best 4 Days Beijing Cultural Experience Tour
Visit the most worthy of the buildings and palaces, skip the line for express entry use VIP access to enter to the largest ancient imperial palaces. Accompanied by a professional tour guide, your tour starts with experiencing the solemn Tiananmen Square recording the persistent revolutionary spirit and fearless heroic soul. Get acquainted with the long history and imperial life at the Forbidden City. Understand the history and culture from the tour guide’s wonderful presentation. Marvel at its architecture and ancient historical culture. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in the imperial garden like an emperor and an empress. Welcome!
Half Day Beijing Tour Explore Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
This 2 Days Unique Beijing Tour is a comprehensive introduction to the most popular attractions in Beijing. You'll experience the largest palace complex in the world “Forbidden City”, the most beautiful section of the Great Wall at Mutianyu, and the Shilinxia Glass Viewing Platform fixed to the cliff offering a breathtaking feeling with a penetrating 360-degree view. The package includes transportation and delicious meals.
2-Day Unique Beijing Tour to Forbidden City, Great Wall, Glass Viewing Platform